- Unsocialized cats are saved from euthanasia at a shelter, and placed in a permanent home where they will be taken care of for the rest of their lives.
- The rats are repelled in a humane way. They leave the area because of the odor of the cats; therefore, there is no killing involved.
- No poisons and pesticides are used in the process.
Rodenticides, which are pesticides used to kill rodents, pose an unhealthy threat to humans working in the surrounding area:
- Toxic to any mammal when consumed
- Can be toxic if inhaled from the air or when they come into contact with the skin
- Also pose a risk to any other mammal who may wander into the area, such as a cat or dog.
For more information on Rodenticides and the types that are used click here.
The Working Cats® Program provides a safe alternative to rodent infestations, and saves cats in the process!